If you head up a business now would be a good time to begin looking at the looming climate risks and develop strategies to mitigate those.
What are the top 10 risks in terms of likelihood according to the WEF Global Risks Report 2019?
- Here they are:
- Extreme weather events
- Failure of climate-change mitigation and adaptation
- Natural disasters
- Data fraud or theft
- Man-made environmental disasters
- Large-scale involuntary migration
- Biodiversity loss and ecosystem collapse
- Water crises
Do you notice how many on this list are directly related to the climate crisis? 7/10
What is your business strategy to decouple from the carbon economy to mitigate these risks?
Low hanging fruit:
- Use renewable energy to power your offices
- Reduce the need for offices and daily commutes by enabling flexible and remote working
- Fly less by meeting more frequently online.
(Michale Hayes quote source)