(BREAKING NEWS from Italy this morning: “In the early hours of Sunday, Italian prime minister Giuseppe Conte signed a decree enacting forced quarantine for the region of Lombardy – home to more than 10 million people and the financial capital, Milan – and multiple other provinces, totaling around 16 million residents.”)
Globally this is what most businesses will learn if forced to physically distance:
1. We should have prepared for something like this earlier
2. We didn’t realize that there is MUCH more involved than just sending everyone home with their laptop
3. Communication & collaboration virtually is a very important skill – we should have spent more time acquiring it.
4. Virtual Work Skills (aka Digital Literacy and Fluency) is non-negotiable for remote work
5. It takes careful design to create a workplace that easily accommodates flexible and remote working
What would you add to the list?