Many new to remote working, due to the pandemic, may not know this but this way of working has been around way before the pandemic.
There are many businesses who have successfully worked office-less and from anywhere for years prior to 2020.
I mention this because you need to understand that best practices have already been established – there is no need to reinvent the wheel.
– communication and collaboration challenges have been solved
– Brainstorming and problem solving has been solved
– Knowledge sharing has been solved
– Onboarding has been solved
– Isolation and mentoring has been solved
– Data security issues have been solved
The point is, it is almost guaranteed that any challenge “new-to-remote-work” teams have had or are experiencing has been solved by those who have been working this way for years.
All you have to do, is find the answers either by searching for them yourself or reaching out to those who have been studying this way of working for years (this will obviously save you lots of time.)
So don’t suffer in silence or think that your remote work challenges are unique, chances are that they very likely are not and help to solving them could be a phone call or click away.